Thanks for joining me today. I grabbed a background I made a few months ago, and my challenge is to turn this into a card. This card was actually an attempt to duplicate a technique from Jennifer McGuire, found here.
I stamped I stamped Hero Art’s Color Layering Butterflies all over my background in Versamark Ink, and dried it with my heat tool without embossing powder. Then I used Distress Inks and a Mini Ink Blending Tool to blend my inks around the watercolor paper in a circle. I started with Picked Raspberry, then Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, and Dusty Concord. But the ink didn’t resist like it was supposed to, because I used watercolor cardstock instead of regular cardstock like she recommended. Oops. The butterflies were barely visible. I added the bodies of the butterflies with Black Soot Distress Ink, but it didn’t help. I finally stamped the butterflies over the first ones in Versamark Ink, and heat embossed it with a clear sparkle embossing powder. Now I want to turn it into a card for a family member who’s sick.
I die cut a heart from vellum with a Layering Heart die from Simon Says Stamp. The Stamp And Cut Prayers set is from Hero Arts, and I heat embossed one of the sentiments onto the heart. I die cut the word, “prayers” from black cardstock, and pressed it into my Versamark pad before heat embossing it in clear. I glued it to the heart with Glossy Accents, and laid a acrylic block on top to hold it in place while the glue dries.
I cut foam tape into thin strips so it’s hidden behind the die cut. I adhered it to my card, and added it to the center of my card panel. After adding a black mat, I used my tape runner to attach it to my white card base, and my card was complete.
I have lots of cards in the grab bag, ones where things didn’t go right, or I got stuck. But I hang onto them, and sometimes I can reuse them later. Hopefully you got some great ideas, too. See you next time!